Monday 16 July 2012

Touch





I feel your touch on my nape
across the room; when the shape
of the shadows change, and the doorway there
frames your silhouette.  The light flares
into a precious dimness like never before
when you block the light-stream at that door.

Haven’t you felt mine?  Haven’t you known
the same lightness at your collarbone?
each time I shared the same space
my fingers on your face
like soft rain on the sea
soaking into anonymity.

Touch me here again and make me flare
into dimness, into rain, into anonymously rare.

9 comments:

  1. into anonymously rare...

    Loved it completely awesome one Nilanjana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Ramya, thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely writing,Nilanjana!Came to your blog from Ramya's recent post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kindness, Shravan RN and Rahul Bhatia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Nilanjana.. :) Thanks to Ramya for tagging your post!

    ReplyDelete